Welcome to Year 5 & 6
Our Class Teachers & Assistants:
|Mrs Carrack||Teaching Assistant|
|Mrs Wass||Teaching Assistant|
About Rowling Class
In Rowling Class, we are a mixed Year 5 and 6 class.
Our curriculum is taught through Project Based Learning and our projects are designed around a quality text with a key question that is answered throughout the project. Each project will include an ‘Ignition Day’ where we get to explore our new project either through a trip, guest speaker or engaging activities in the classroom.
We follow the White Rose Maths Scheme with a Mastery approach and we undertake Whole Class Reading, having a quality text as our class reading book, which we read as a class daily. Reading is important to us and we have a dedicated Reading area where we enjoy stories together or on our own. Writing is delivered through our projects, which gives us all a clear purpose for our writing.
Geography, History, Art and DT are all delivered through our projects and Science, RE, IT (Computing), Music, PHSE and Spanish are delivered independently through schemes of work.
In Rowling Class spelling is taught through our own bespoke programme focusing on:
• Spelling patterns with a weekly focus.
• The year specific word lists.
• A weekly test of the word family taught that week.
• A display of the pattern covered, associated words and their meanings to be incorporated in writing tasks throughout the week.
Every child in Rowling class will bring activities home to complete on a weekly basis. The children will be set new homework (please see list below) on a Friday and the expectation is this is completed and returned the following Friday. Homework will include:
• Reading a book from school or home two to three times per week.
• Weekly Maths linked to current learning.
• Weekly Spellings.
• A knowledge organiser handed out at the start of every new project (every 6 to 8 weeks). There will be a menu of activities to complete and a pre-arranged date for all completed activities to be brought back into school.
• Children in Year 6, in Rowling Class, will also bring home CPD books after Christmas to aid them with their preparation for SATs.
Tip: click the search icon to locate a specific document.
|Rowling_Shackleton_Autumn 1.pdf||November 27 2020, 14:32:27|
|Rowling_WW1_AutumnSpring.pdf||April 26 2021, 14:43:58|
|Ernest Shackleton-Rowling-Autumn2020.pdf||October 01 2020, 10:40:33|
|Rowling_Space_Summer1.pdf||April 30 2021, 10:30:09|
|World War 1-Rowling-Autumn2020.pdf||November 12 2020, 13:42:57|