Vision and Values
Here at Sinnington, we want to give every child fantastic opportunities to become independent learners and acquire skills for life.
Every child that joins Sinnington C.P. School will receive a warm welcome, feel part of the family and receive an excellent, rounded education.
- To promote a positive learning environment, where children feel inspired, secure and happy and where all their contributions are valued.
- To promote an inclusive school, where all individuals are respected and valued.
- To ensure full access to the National Curriculum and its programmes of study, making creative use of the range of learning opportunities available, within and beyond the classroom, through our Project Based approach, including using modern technology to support learning.
- To develop the whole child, and to foster an awareness and a respect of the wider world, other ways of life, and other religions and cultures.
- To stimulate a desire for learning that will encourage life-long learning.
- To educate the whole child, striking a balance between academic and practical learning using teaching methods that reflect the material to be learned and their learning preferences.
- To foster a close partnership between home, school and the wider community.
- To celebrate local traditions, invite visitors and families to our school to facilitate the learning of new skills and the sharing of experiences.
- To actively promote a healthy lifestyle.
- To offer an exciting range of enrichment opportunities which reflect the aims and ethos of our school.
This helps our children be respectful of themselves, each other, the local community and the wider world. They will be respectful of others and their beliefs, and how these have shaped the world they live in today. It helps them to learn how to act and become a good citizen now and in the future.