Rowling Class is the home of our Year 4, 5 and 6 children. They are taught by Miss Thompson and Miss Barr being ably supported throughout the week by Mrs Carrack and Mrs Wass.
- Whole Class Reading sessions are held throughout the week using quality texts to support and develop every child's reading skills, including reading fluency and comprehension skills.
- Quality texts are displayed and accessible for all the children within the classroom with a class text read daily and complimentary texts available to support Project work. The children have access to a vibrant and well stocked reading area with texts available that are matched to their individual reading abilities.
- In Writing, children write for a purpose with the majority of their writing linked to their class projects with a new focus every half term. The writing process includes: planning, drafting and then publishing a final piece.
- In Maths, the children follow the White Rose scheme of learning focusing on the mastery approach.
- The children enjoy a broad and balanced curriculum with all foundation subjects taught throughout the year with linked schemes of learning.
The children learn Music throughout the year delivered by our Music specialist Mrs Durant. PE is on a Wednesday and the children also have swimming sessions within the school year and they enjoy other specialist sporting activities delivered by expert coaches including: skipping, cricket, basketball and dance.
Children's learning is also complimented by trips, visits, experiences and visitors into school.
Miss Thompson - Class Teacher (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday)
Miss Barr - Class Teacher ( Wednesday, Thursday and Friday)
Mrs Carrack - Teaching Assistant
Mrs Wass - Teaching Assistant