Our intent is to equip children for our ever-developing technological world and to ensure our children behave responsibly online. Computing is woven throughout our curriculum and is an integral part of all learning. We are passionate about e safety and educating our children on how to stay safe online. Computing is delivered through our Key Concepts: Computer Science, Information Technology, Digital Literacy and E-Safety.
Our intent is for children to have:
- Competence in coding for a variety of practical and inventive purposes, including the application of ideas within other subjects.
- The ability to connect with others safely and respectfully, understanding the need to act within the law and with moral and ethical integrity.
- An understanding of the connected nature of devices.
- The ability to communicate ideas well by using applications and devices throughout the curriculum.
- The ability to collect, organise and manipulate data effectively.
We implement our Computing approach through:
- In EYFS, we implement technology through a wide range of technological toys. We teach children about the importance of keeping themselves safe when using electronic equipment and the internet
- A creative and innovative approach using a range of high-quality ICT resources, including the Purple Mash scheme of learning.
- Learning across the curriculum is sequentially planned to build on knowledge and skills
- Ensuring staff and volunteers are trained and confident in online safety, identifying and responding to concerns
- Teaching children and young people the skills to stay safe online using advised guidance and through nurture and relationships, and showing each other mutual respect and trust.
- Sharing helpful advice and resources with parents and carers through our Home/School books.
- Delivering E-safety lessons at certain points of the year and during special assemblies throughout the year.
- Developing robust e-safety policies and procedures
- Regularly reviewing and improving our e-safety provision
- Logging and monitoring any concerns
The National Curriculum provides a structure and skill development for the Computing curriculum being taught. Our Projects have elements of Computing (where relevant)as well as stand-alone lessons to provide a creative approach, which reflects a balanced programme of study.
The impact of this is our children understand the importance of staying safe online and what to do if they have any concerns