Our purpose-built outside classroom is the home of Donaldson Class where our Reception and Year 1 children undertake their learning. It is an open and vibrant space fully furnished with natural materials and complimented by a fantastic outdoor space to enable learning to be seamless between the two spaces. Donaldson class are taught 4 days a week by Miss Carver and 1 day a week by Mrs Durant who are ably supported throughout the week by our HLTA and Assistant SENDCo Mrs Finney.
- For Reading and Phonics the children follow the Read Write Inc scheme of learning with high quality linked texts and expert teaching used to develop all our children's reading and phonics knowledge.
- Quality texts are displayed and accessible for all the children within the classroom following the Super Six scheme and altered every half term.
- In Writing, children write for a purpose with the majority of their writing linked to their class projects with a new focus every half term.
- In Maths, the children follow the White Rose scheme of learning with children in Reception focusing on the number of the week.
- The children enjoy a broad and balanced curriculum with all foundation subjects taught throughout the year with linked schemes of learning.
- Continuous provision is used to support children's learning and interests with dedicated areas around the classroom designed to embed skills and knowledge that is accessible to all. These areas are constantly refreshed to match children’s interests and support their learning.
The children learn Music throughout the year delivered by our Music specialist Mrs Durant. PE is on a Wednesday and the children also have swimming sessions within the school year and they enjoy other specialist sporting activities delivered by expert coaches including: skipping, cricket, basketball and dance.
Children in Donaldson Class enjoy their environment and their learning prepares them for their next step in school.
Miss Carver- Class Teacher (Monday to Thursday)
Mrs Durant - Class Teacher (Friday)
Mrs Finney - Teaching Assistant (HLTA, Assistant SENDCo)
Mr Smith - RLT HLTA (Tuesday)
Planning and Progression document for Reception children: